Sign Materials – Which to use & when
Aluminium Faced Signs
- if your sign is likely to get rough treatment then choose this 3mm material – you can dent it but not break it.
- This material expands very little when it get hot so is good for longer outdoor signs as it wont bow between fixing points – a problem with 3 %mm PVC
- On smaller sign – like Parking signs – the extra cost is small so why chance it go for Ali-Faced every time,
3 & 5mm PVC
- Often Called Foamex which is the original Brand name but we use a variety of makea depending on availability.
- It looks good and has an ideal surface for printing. Ideal internal sign material. For external signs Aluminium -faced or Super-Tough fluted should be considered.
- On smaller exposed signs – like Parking signs – the extra cost is small so why chance it go for Ali-Faced every time,
Super-Tough 6mm Fluted
- Fluted material is best known for its use as Estate Agent Signs. Our fluted is 50% thicker & super -tough
- We have yet to hear of a sign make form this material breaking, Fix it screws & washer, or cable tie to any wall, post or fence. It needs no extra bracing.
- Its only problem is that the fluted edge does not look too professional so is favourite for short-term use like event signs and promotional signs.
Maximum Sign Length
- Our largest standard size is 1200 x 2400mm (4ft x 8ft). This is biggest size of panel that will fit on our printing table
- We can print so accurately that a second sheet can be printed that will match perfectly the first panel if butted together.
- If you want a wider or taller sign than our standard sizes then we are pleased to quote as your sign can be created by butting together as many pieces as necessary to create your sign
- Want a one-piece sign? Choose a size no more than 1.2m x 2.4m